There are many reasons why you should consider hiring a professional translation agency as compared to opting for computerized translations. Not only for the benefits it provides – such as the best quality of the translations you receive, more careful and documented texts – but also for the dangers it helps you avoid like ruining a business opportunity with poor quality translation or loss of brand image in a new market.
Mistranslated words that damage your image and that of the brand can cause extensive losses. If you have chosen a product for its low price, but soon it breaks down and you have to replace it with another one, do you still find it cheap? Wouldn’t it be better to make a SINGLE purchase, which although in principle may seem more expensive but in the long run, will turn out to be more profitable?
Also, hiring an editor for a document that has been translated using a machine is a pretty bad idea. In most of the cases. the editor will have to again go through the original source in order to catch the errors and make corrections. Doing this adds up to the total cost and time of the project, taking the delivery schedule off the track.
If you decide to use an automatic translator, do not forget its limitations. If people gave me money every time someone told me that they used the Google translator and that ‘it worked pretty well’, I would get rich in pretty no time! Yes, it is a tool that has been around for quite some time and that has its usefulness. But if you intend to use it as a substitute for a professional translator to save you a few euros, get ready for some bad news – There are going to be a myriad of problems that you will have to deal with.
Quality, speed and price is the equivalent of the myth ‘good, beautiful and cheap’ in the services sector: if a service is fast and of good quality, it cannot be cheap. If it is of good quality and cheap, it cannot be fast. And if it’s cheap and fast, it can’t be of good quality!
Translations that are done by machines are usually literal translations of the source text and are not programmed to take into account the context or cultural nuances of words or phrases. There is a difference between using a machine to understand the meaning of a word in a foreign language versus using it to translate complex sentences and idioms. The more the complexity of the source text, higher are the chances of errors creeping into the translated text.
Professional translators, on the other hand make sure that the document being translated will be free of any contextual errors. They also ensure that the final document is able to communicate the original message effectively.
Experts at QSD, the association of medium-sized German companies in the language services industry, believe that it is important for translation companies to have certified quality assurance systems in place. Doing this will ensure further professionalization of the translation industry through a constant improvement of processes.
Written by up3s
- Wireless Sensor Network Design Methodologies: A SurveyIn TechnologyJuly 9, 2020
- Why are VPNS so important for businesses?In TechnologyApril 19, 2020
- Utilizing Unique Article Marketing to Jazz Up Your SEO CampaignIn seoAugust 28, 2018
- Why Social Media Optimization Is Important for Your Brand RecognitionIn Social MediaApril 18, 2018
- Get Specific While Working With The SEO Vancouver ServicesIn Social MediaAugust 22, 2018
- What are some common benefits of VPS Hosting Servers?In web hostingNovember 20, 2019
- Win More Business With Sales Techniques That Work ConsistentlyIn TechnologyJuly 18, 2018
- Search Engine Optimization consultant in BerlinIn seoJuly 23, 2019
- What are the services provided by SEO agency?In web hostingAugust 24, 2018
- 5 wordpress plugins that you must have in your website as a beginnerIn seoSeptember 24, 2018
- UX Design – Flame TestIn Mobile PhonesAugust 22, 2018
- Installer facilement une alarme entrepriseIn TechnologySeptember 6, 2018
- The Correct Way to Decide on the Right Service Desk Software Critical FeaturesIn SoftwareFebruary 7, 2018
- The Critical Nature of Professional Computer NetworkIn web hostingJuly 25, 2019
- History and Evolution of Digital MarketingIn TechnologyMay 18, 2020
- Methods to Get the Service Desk Abreast With the Best SoftwareIn SoftwareFebruary 8, 2018
- 10 Ways to Measure Audience Engagement at Your EventIn TechnologyAugust 20, 2018
- COVID-19 Offers a Stark Reminder of the Single-Use Mindset
- HYPT, Offers and Exclusive Access To Top Brands And Restaurants At Your Fingertips
- How to Set Up Google Pay App on Your Android
- Launch a Career in ITIL: The ITIL Foundation Certification
- Wireless Sensor Network Design Methodologies: A Survey
- Identifying the satisfactory corporation to hire for SEO Services in Singapore
- Professional Translation vs Computerized Translations
- Looking to work at a translation agency? Here’s what you need to know
- History and Evolution of Digital Marketing
- Jabra Cruiser: Car Bluetooth Speakerphone