Looking to work at a translation agency? Here’s what you need to knowTechnology
Personalizing the curriculum, being willing to carry out the tests determined by the company and, once the process has been completed, meeting the company’s expectations by carrying out quality work and within the established deadlines are some of the recommendations that should be followed if you want to work as a translator in an agency or a publishing house.
When looking for work through a translation company, it is important to present quality work.
Agencies and publishers are a good outlet for freelance translators who either want to continue working as freelancers but form a fixed client portfolio or are looking for a position as part of a staff.
When it comes to scooping out offers or job opportunities, candidates must take into account some important points about the recruitment and selection process. This is important because modern recruitment practices are transforming and a candidate must stay on top of all trends.
First of all, it is always important to personalize the curriculum. In other words, if the company is looking for a very specific profile, it is advisable to adapt your own to fit the offer as much as possible.
If, on the contrary, what you are doing is a self-application, it is advisable to find out widely about the areas covered by the company you are going to apply for and, secondly, mention other qualities that are considered important even if they do not have a direct bearing on your core competencies.
In any of the cases, it is important to also know the bureaucratic procedures of the companies, as well as all the conditions of each project, in particular, to avoid misunderstandings by one of the two parties.
Despite the merits that the curriculum reflects with all kinds of proven experience, candidates must be willing to take the tests that the company deems appropriate to show their worth. In the same way, it is important to correctly carry out these tests and within the established deadlines. Tests should be given correctly and within the agreed upon deadline.
Once the recruitment process reaches final stages and the employer presents an offer, the candidate must respond quickly. This is because it exudes professionalism which is an important characteristic to build a reputation in the job market..
For this, the translators should always complete their work with the highest quality and within the established deadlines. It is also important that, if you cannot finish them for whatever reason, you should inform the company as soon as possible or, if it is an unforeseen event, you should communicate it sincerely and without delay.
And, regardless of the work that the translator maintains, they must stay informed of the latest developments in the language services industry and keep themselves updated in all areas that are deemed appropriate and interesting to complete training and experience for future assignments.
Written by up3s
- The Age of Machines and Big DataIn seoAugust 29, 2018
- Chatbots vs Live AgentsIn TechnologyJanuary 15, 2020
- The Critical Nature of Professional Computer NetworkIn web hostingJuly 25, 2019
- Identifying the satisfactory corporation to hire for SEO Services in SingaporeIn TechnologyJune 11, 2020
- What You Need to Know About Cheap Hosting?In web hostingJuly 18, 2018
- Why are VPNS so important for businesses?In TechnologyApril 19, 2020
- Dealing With Online Security Concerns While Using Your SmartphonesIn Mobile PhonesSeptember 1, 2018
- Win More Business With Sales Techniques That Work ConsistentlyIn TechnologyJuly 18, 2018
- Artificial Intelligence Marketing In Its InfancyIn TechnologyJanuary 21, 2020
- How an SEO Expert Can Help YouIn Social MediaAugust 23, 2018
- 10 Ways to Measure Audience Engagement at Your EventIn TechnologyAugust 20, 2018
- Get the Best Service for PABX InstallationIn TechnologySeptember 23, 2018
- History and Evolution of Digital MarketingIn TechnologyMay 18, 2020
- UX Design – Flame TestIn Mobile PhonesAugust 22, 2018
- Make your business effective as well as efficient with the help of BPMIn web hostingOctober 25, 2018
- Best 5 Mobile Application Development TipsIn Mobile PhonesAugust 25, 2018
- System Marketing Success And Social MediaIn Social MediaJuly 18, 2019
- Identifying the satisfactory corporation to hire for SEO Services in Singapore
- Professional Translation vs Computerized Translations
- Looking to work at a translation agency? Here’s what you need to know
- History and Evolution of Digital Marketing
- Jabra Cruiser: Car Bluetooth Speakerphone
- Why are VPNS so important for businesses?
- Why Your Carbon Fiber Bike Wheels Won’t Last Forever
- Artificial Intelligence Marketing In Its Infancy
- Chatbots vs Live Agents
- What are some common benefits of VPS Hosting Servers?